Well let's see now. After a fun and entertaining raid on Friday we lost 3 members. Dardaloin, Barzon and Tribalmyst. Of these 3 I am only sorry to see Dardaloin to go. He gave an awful lot to the guild and it was never truly appreciated. He shall be missed.
I have taken over the running of the guild but I intend to pass this dubious privilege on as quickly as possible.
Recruitment privileges have been handed out to each member, so if you all manage to recruit a raid team before the week is out then kudos to you.
I have grown bored of this game and will probably leave the World of Warcraft for good.
Thank you to all who made the experience enjoyable.
Some time ago I made a website! Then no-one used it! Then I forgot about it for a few days!
Suddenly, I remembered about it! BREAKING NEWS! From last week!
Alright that's enough exclamation marks to make the publishers happy. We'll leave it there and...wait...why are you still there?
*sigh* You actually want the news?
Fine we killed 4/6 now in Mogu'shan Vaults. Are you happy now?
Good. We're done here.
So we're now a couple of weeks into the expansion and I thought we'd have a little update on here. We killed Stone Guard in about an hour the first time we raided properly and have got it down once more since then. Fairly simple boss as far as bosses go but reasonably entertaining.
Feng is proving a bit of a challenge but with a few sub 5% wipes I feel that we can push him down this week and move onto the 3rd boss in the series.
Current Raid Team:
Tanks (both Warriors)
Cindervane and Matches
Dardaloin (Discipline Priest), Reginae (Holy Priest) and Tribalmyst (Restoration Shaman)
Belgerath (Shadow Priest), Alythria (Fire Mage), Hyk (Fire Mage), Brickf (Balance Druid) and Sockslayer (Combat Rogue)
We're looking at welcoming a few more players into the fold later this week who will provide some well needed reserves to our team as not all of them can raid all the time, social constraints are well understood by the guild.
Hopefully we can look forward to pushing into heroic progression soon!
Welcome to the new Distant Memories site. There was an old one but it never saw the light of day.
We're a small group of raiders looking to make a mark in the raiding scene by beating some of the big names on the realm.
With the release of Mogushan Vaults this week, we're looking to kick off our raiding season again and thus we are looking for some new talent to join us. Please see our recruitment page.
To members of Distant Memories, welcome to the site. Hope you like it. If not, send me a message why and I'll see what I can do to change it.
Webmaster, Officer, DPS Extraordinaire, Demi-god, Rich bloke, Prick.
Welcome to your new guild site! This post is meant to introduce you to some of the features and customization options you have on this site. You can add new posts using the "Add a Post" button at the top of the page. If you are a guild administrator, you can delete this post from your Control Panel.
Premium PreviewIn order to get acquainted with all the great features Wowstead has to offer, your guild site is starting in a premium preview. This preview gives you the opportunity to experience your Wowstead site’s full potential. Do some experimenting and see what features are the best fit for your guild’s needs. Learn more about Wowstead’s premium features.
To help you get started, here are just some of the features that you should make sure to try out. You can customize each of these features from your Control Panel.
- The CRT is designed to take the book keeping out of managing a loot system in a raid guild or group. Whether you use straight DKP, Zero Sum, Loot Council, or a variation, the CRT can manage attendance, point earnings and awards, loot drops, auctions, items won, and more.
- Also supports uploads from the popular EPGP addon.
- Wowstead integration provides a no-hassle way to display all CRT data on your guild site.
- The CRT can be downloaded and installed from Curse.com or through the Curse Client
- For more detailed information on the CRT’s features and options visit www.wowstead.com/curse-raid-tracker.
- Guild Recruitment is an extremely useful tool for advertising to visitors that you are looking for new members. In addition, if you enable recruitment, your guild will appear in the WowStead Guild Recruitment Tool, where users can easily find information about your recruiting needs.
- To enable recruitment, first make sure the the 'Guild Recruitment' module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. After enabling the module, go to the Recruitment page of the Control Panel. You'll find this link in the 'Site Features' section. From this page simply check the 'Currently Recruiting' checkbox and click the 'Save' button.
- To enable the calendar, first make sure the module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. Then go to the Calendar page of the Control Panel.
- On this page, you can create new calendar events by selecting the 'New Events' button at the top of the page. You can also sync your guild calendar with a character's in-game calendar by using the WowArmory's calendar feed tool. To do so, simply follow the instructions below the calendar.
Customizing Your Site
Even though Wowstead requires very little initial setup, you are still given a number of powerful tools to personalize and customize your guild site.
Wowstead Content Management System (CMS)
The Wowstead CMS is an incredibly powerful tool that lets you create pages, posts, FAQs, galleries and other content for your site.
You can access the CMS by going to the control panel and accessing the control pages under "News & Media".
Layout, Theme & Widget Placement
- You can easily change your site's layout, theme and widget placement by going to the Customize Site page of the Control Page in the 'Site Configuration' section.
Guild Permissions and User Groups
To rename your guild ranks, simply go to the User Groups page of the control panel, in the 'Guild Management' section.
- Wowstead can detect the number of active ranks in your guild. The ranks are defaulted to Guild Master (Rank 0) and Rank 1 through Rank 9 - where Rank 1 is the highest and Rank 9 is the lowest. You can determine what site permissions a rank has using the Edit Permissions button to the right of a given rank. Users will be automatically granted site permissions based on the in-game rank of their character.
- You can create custom user groups using the "Create a new group" button in the upper right of the Custom User Groups section. Custom user groups can be used to assign privilege to guild members in addition to their rank-based automatic user group permissions.
- You can edit your site's navigation menu by going to the Navigation page of the Control Panel, in the 'Site Configuration' section. Here, you can create and edit navigation links, or restrict them to certain guild ranks and create new links.